Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2015

My Current Skin Care Routine

Earlier on this year I've read and article about how you should change your skin care products according to your female hormonal cycles, and I've actually put that theory on test and concluded that it works.

Let's split the female cycle into four stages and start on the first day of your period, and we'll call this week 1

Week 1
During this week hormone levels are at it's lowest, and skin is usually dull, bloated and recovering from premenstrual acne flare-ups, and during this period I usually add a skin brightening serum to my regime, and I'm currently using SkII, it lightens up my acne scars and brightens up my dull complexion, but Vitamin C or anything with light reflecting particles would work.

Week 2
The week after your period, oestrogens starts rising, skin becomes clear, and this is the time when your skin looks its best.

This is a good time to have a facial, because your skin is not too sensitive, and you could basically use anything you like on your skin.

Week 3
Progesterone starts rising, and this is the hormone responsible for oily skin and breakouts. Personally, I always break out during this week, and in order to combat acnes I use a combination of the following:
  • Salicylic Acid,
  • Glycollic Acid,
  • Benzoyl Peroxide,
  • Sulphur masks,
  • Exfoliation,
  • Deep Cleanse Mask

Week 3 is my battle week, I'm always doing something with my skin during this week.

Week 4
This is the week where your skin is the oilliest, and if I didn't do a good job the week before, cystic acne will show up this week and it'll take forever to clear.

My week 3 and week 4 skin care regime is almost identical, the only difference is that I deep cleanse my skin at least twice this week.

This is my day time skin care regime, I basically stick with the same things during the day:


For my dry skin days I use the following during night time:


For my oily days, this is my night time routine:


And finally for the trouble days I add the following serums to my usual night time routine:




No comments:

Post a Comment