Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2014

Laura Mercier Tighline Trio




Shade: Gunmetal Smoke, Turquoise Ink and Bleu Marine
Contents: 3 x 0.003 oz / 0.94g
Price: HK$220.00
Local of Purchase: Lane Crawford

According to Laura Mercier's webpage:

An easy-to-use, cake eye liner that delivers long-lasting colour payoff that doesn’t fade throughout the day for flawlessly defined eyes. Applied with Laura's artistic technique using the Flat Eye Liner Brush begin underneath the root of the upper lash line and wiggle the brush between individual lashes.
 
My Opinion:
 
I don't usually wear liner on a daily basis, and I have to admit that I'm hopeless with it. If I ever decide to wear it I only like to tightline, and I believe that it does make a huge difference on how I look, unfortunately most of the products that I have would run after a few hours and  I'd always end up looking like a panda.
 
I've read lots of rave about this product, and wanted to get a black one to try out, but when I went to the stores around X'mas last year they had this set, and I just had to have it, they were about the same price of 1 individual cake liner, so it was a bargain.
 
This set comes with 3 shades and a brush, and I found the brush to be too big for tighlining. Apart from the brush, I've really liked it and it hasn't run on me, but I've only been wearing it for a few hours (max 4 hours), so I have no idea how well it will stand on a whole day.
 
I'm already tempted to go back and get it in the shade Black Ebony which is their blackest black.
 
If you are new to cake liner, here's a video that I've found on youtube where I've learned how to tightline:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment