Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

Becca Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation









Content: 7.0g / 0.246oz
Shade: Bloom
Price: US$40.00
Local of Purchase: Dermstore.com

According to Dermstore's webpage:

What it is:
A mineral pressed powder infused with antioxidants.

What it's used for:
Becca Cosmetics Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation (formerly Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation) features pure mineral pigments that provide buildable coverage with a smooth finish to even out skin flaws, including age spots, blemishes, redness and an uneven skin tone. Red algae boosts circulation as vitamins A, B, C and E protect the skin from free-radical damage.
 
Ingredients: Mica, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Squalane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Trimyristin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Water/Aqua/Eau, P-Anisic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain/peut Contenir [+/-]: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
 
My Opinion:
 
The weather's getting warmer, and I'd usually prefer powder over liquid foundations on warmer days, and since I'm a huge fan of minerals, I've decided to try this out.
 
I've already been using loose minerals for several years, and although I do love the finish, I'm seriously not very fond of loose powder, they are just too messy to work with, so the idea of a pressed mineral powder was really tempting.
 
When I got this in the mail, I was really excited, because the packaging was just gorgeous and the color matches me perfectly, however, after using it twice I've concluded that it has got close to no coverage and I've only been able to use it as a setting powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment